One of the crime scenes

Monday, February 12, 2007

What's Going on at the House


Rumour has it that the British Columbia Legislature is actually going to start having a session and you know legislate and stuff. I was starting to wonder if I dreamed about hearing something about this on the CBC radio this morning. CBC News for BC (on the web) doesn't mention it. I guess having our legislators actually you know, legislate, just doesn't cut it compared to the Pickton trial or the firing up of the Omega Olympic countdown clock.



Maybe it's a security issue, you know in the age of terra-rists and all, perhaps they're hoping nobody notices that our government is meeting in our capital. Or then again, maybe if people notice, they would expect them to actually do something. The legislature is just kind of a pretend "show" government these days anyway, all the real action takes place behind the scenes and by Order in Council. Of course if I was stealing all the assets of the people of a whole province and selling them to my corporate buddies, I wouldn't exactly want to seek publicity and transparency either.



Anyway, being the nosy or curious type I really started to wonder so finally I went to the supreme authority regarding things legislative. I went to http://www.leg.bc.ca/ and there it was as plain as day.


The Legislature will resume on
Tuesday, February 13, 2007.


And thats all they are saying for now! I must admit though that I read or heard somewhere that the Soup Nazi was going to try to out Arnold Arnold (the Gropinator who used to drive a fleet of HumVees) and convince the people of BC that he is greener than Kermit the Frog, through the Speech from the Throne - which I assume happens tomorrow. The official legislative web site was non-commital about that and any other information though. There was a link to the Parliamentary Calendar for 2007, but it didn't go anywhere. They usually start with a throne speech though, who can forget Dough-Boy Stephen's Speech from the Throne right after he swore that traitor Emerson into cabinet. Actually I forget everything except that he promised to do five whole things and then went and did a bunch of stuff he never really mentioned.

1 Comments:

Blogger BC Mary said...

Koot,

What excitement! What drama and passion! The first awards for quality journalism in British Columbia!! Fanfare, please!

First, I want to thank you for being honourably mentioned at all, let alone in the same paragraph as Robin Mathews and Bill Tieleman.

Your Golden Gyro Award went to the most deserving Presstitute in Canada, an embarrassment to B.C., that's what he is. I'd like to grab him by the ankles and spin him around for a while myself, especially if it turns out that he has interfered with or influenced the trial of Basi, Virk, and Basi. Is that his job? Anybody's job except the Supreme Court's job? Noooooooo.

And how proud I was, to see Ms Lucinda internationally acclaimed as the richly deserving recipient of the Vacuum Award.

Sorry you decided against the Golden Pig Award for this special Lunar New Year ... because when I can bear to think of the legislated crippling of B.C. Hydro combined with the piracy of all B.C.'s rivers, I would've nominated a surefire winner for that prize.

Now, I must run over to The Legislature Raids because it's a week tomorrow (Monday, 26 February) that the next (hopefully last) pre-trial conference takes place for Basi, Virk, Basi.

Mind if I borrow a few bits from your Awards Event to take with me?

Thanks again, Koot. It's good to see you back in stride.

Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 6:35:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home